- The Senate has begun the process ot repeal Obamacare – The Senate voed 51 to 48 in favor of allowing “Key committees to draft legislation” thatwould repeal Obamacare
- China’s credit creation is booming – Chinese banks lent a record 12.65 Tlr. yuan worth of loans in 2016.
- Mark Carney warns a 2-year Brexit will have “consequences” – In a Q&A session with MP’s, Carney pushed for transition deal, as opposed to a hard break from the European Union, to be put in place once the Article 50 brexit talks finish. The pound was lower against the USD
- The FTSE record-breaking streak is in jeopardy – Britin’s index has rallied a record breaking 10 winning streak but currently trades donw – 0.1%
- Gold regains $1200 – The metal trades up 1.1% at $1204 regaining for the first time since November 23
- Volkswagen pleads guity – The German automaker will plead guity to felony charges and pay $4.3Bln for penalties and fines.
- Stock Markets around the World are lower – Japan’s Nikkei down (-1.2%), DAX lower (-0.4) in Europe and it is likely that DJIA will open lower.