1. Stocks prices always move in cycles. Periods outside those cycles are usually swift and powerful
2. There is a very high correlation between stocks during big selloffs and during the initial stage of recovery. In general, correlation is high in bear markets.
3. Try to trade only with the direction of the main movement. It is now only the path with least obstacles, but also provides the best profits. Have a simple method to identify the trend.
4. Being wrong is not a choice. Staying wrong is.
5. The market conditions will never be perfect and when they seem to be so it is a good idea to decrease your exposure and take some profits. With that said, there's no need to stay in the market all of the time. When you don't see a good setup, just watch from the sidelines.
6. If you understand the incentives of the major market players, you can predict their behavior. Technical analysis serves for just that.
7. Your first loss will be your best loss. No one is right all of the time and there is no reason to be. Big market players make ton of profits by being right only 30% of the time.
8. Optimism and pessimism are contagious. Investors often lose logic and become emotional. The news media and the recent price action signal play an important role of developing such moods.
9. It doesn't matter how smart you are, how ingenious your idea is or how cheap the stock is - if the market doesn't agree with you, you will not get paid. Period.
Source: Bloomberg Pro Terminal
Jr Trader Alexander Kumanov
25 Canada Square, Level 33, office 50, Canary Wharf London, E14 5LQ +44 20 3608 6256
World Financial Markets - 0700 17 600 Varchev Exchange - 0700 115 44
Varchev Finance Ltd is registered in the FCA (FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY) with a passport in the United Kingdom: FCA, United Kingdom - registration number: 494 045, which allows provision of financial services in the United Kingdom.
Varchev Finance Ltd strictly comply with the statutes of the European directive MiFID (Markets in Financial Instruments). targeting increased efficiency, transparency and uniformity of financial instruments.
Varchev Finance Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission - Sofia, Bulgaria: License number RG-03-02-05 / 15.03.2006
The information on this site is not directed at residents of the United States or Belgium and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Derivatives and margin trading involve a high degree risk level. You should not trade Forex and CFD unless you fully understand how it functions, what your benefits can be, what your risk is, and what you may lose. Please, note that the losses can be practically unlimited and that the initial deposit will not permanently limit the risk. You have to fully realize your financial status and make sure that trading in derivatives hides the risk of losing the entire amount invested. Invest only the amounts that you are able to lose.